Sometimes a decision can be so wrong that it is right.
Ball Don't Lie notes that NBA legend and TNT commentator Shaquille O'Neal recently joked that he would pay $1,000 to anyone who got a tattoo commemorating the famous kiss between Charles Barkley and Dick Bavetta. The Hall of Fame forward and NBA official puckered up after a footrace at 2007 NBA All-Star Weekend.
Well, that tossaway line by O'Neal apparently caused someone to get the smooch inked on his body.
KEYT.com reports that Emmet Bentle, a bartender in Santa Barbara, California, actually got the image tattooed on his ankle.
"Yeah, I'm hoping Shaq sees it, at least responds and if I get the one thousand dollars great, but if I don't its cool, just get my name out there, get my 15 minutes, you know," said Bentley.Here's a larger picture of the tattoo. The tattoo shows the two men kissing on the lips with hearts sprouting like flowers in the background. 15 minutes of fame; a lifetime of your ankle being "Where Amazing Happens."
Emmet signed up for Twitter over the weekend, in order to specifically post the picture. Now, he has more than 100 followers, but as of right now, no word from Shaq.
Best worst execution of a good bad idea ever?
Hat tip: IAmAGM.com.
Want to see more NBA tattoos? We've got you covered.
- Kevin Durant gets a massive back tattoo
- Chris Bosh gets a skull-eating woman tattooed on his back
- Royce Young breaks down Kevin Durant's"business tattoos"
- DeMarcus Cousins got "misunderstood" tattooed on his leg
- Super fan gets Kobe Bryant tattooed on his leg
- Super fan gets LeBron James tattooed on his leg
- Jason Terry got the NBA Finals trophy tattooed on his arm
- Monta Ellis has a tattoo of a giant tree on his chest
- Andrei Kirilenko has a Warcraft tattoo on his back