Posted by Matt Moore
- Is Avery Johnson the man for the job in New Jersey? One of the biggest concerns has to be the regression of Brook Lopez. Mono or no mono, Lopez has taken a huge step back under Johnson, and as he's the cornerstone of the franchise, that's a giant red flag. Johnson was a solid pick for a playoff team, but he's not shown he has the ability to develop a young roster like one the Nets have.
- Amar'e Stoudemire may have contacted Melo by text to try and clear him off accepting the Nets' offer. If so that's at least dancing with tampering, and if it keeps up, the commissioner's office is going to step in, no matter, or perhaps due to how off-hands his office was with the Miami ordeal.
- Carmelo Anthony keeps denying that he'll be traded anytime soon . Which is usually what players say when they're going to be traded soon. But the sentiment is nice.
- Steve Nash isn't saying anything too abrupt , just the normal things you say after a bad loss in a series of bad losses. But this is how it starts. Disapproval for effort and chemistry. Little things.
- Vince Carter says he's not going to change the way he plays just because he may be playing for a contract. He says he's never done that. Which is true, unless he's been in contract years.
- Carmelo Anthony and Rip Hamilton teach you English.
- A report says the Maloofs have spoken with an Anaheim representative who would grant them a $100 million loan to move the team.